Poster: snow_and_rain Date: Mar 5, 2012 8:10am
Forum: GratefulDead Subject: Re: 10/17/70 update!!!

I don't think so, unless there's been some kind of mix-up (or your name is Jeff Linton). Still, it's exciting to think we might someday have multiple sources for this show. This is from the discussion at deadlists.

On Dec 5, 2011, at 11:05 AM, Jeff Linton wrote:

> Hi Dave,
> Sorry to bother you with this.
> I've noticed for years that the setlist for my first GD show is not =
listed in any of the databases.
> Occasionally when I'm bored, which isn't often, I try to contribute my =
list to several of the
> databases to no avail.
> Perhaps you have better connections that I, and can get this to the =
powers that be. Here goes:
> Cleveland Music Hall 10/17/70
> Set One
> Casey Jones
> China Cat Sunflower
> I know You Rider
> Me and My Uncle
> It Hurts me Too
> Truckin'
> The Other One
> Cryptical Envelopment
> Sugar Magnolia
> Candyman
> Hard to Handle
> Set Two
> Good Love
> Drums
> Good Love
> Cold Rain and Snow
> Dark Star
> Not Fade Away
> Going Down the Road
> Not Fade Away
> Lovelight
> Encore
> Uncle John's Band
> It was a double shotgun blast of the Live Dead/Skull and Roses =
> It was a week before my 17th birthday and I've been on the bus ever =
> This was at the smaller Music Hall that is backed up against and =
shares stage area=20
> with the much larger Public Hall. I seem to recall seeing a review =
saying they were
> so loud that it could be heard in the Public Hall during a =
performance by either the=20
> Cleveland Pops or Cleveland Orchestra.
> I can back this up with a very old mono cassette recording I made at =
the concert.
> In spite of the Bob and Jerry songs, the Dark Star, the Other One etc, =
it was very much,
> without a doubt, Pigpens band
> What a BIG FAT SOUND they had back then!
> After the concert, as me were walking down the sidewalk along the =
hall, there came a deep rumble
> down from the pit of the basement of the hall, up the ramp there comes =
dozens of Bikers up the ramp.
> =46rom five feet away on the sidewalk we thought we saw Jerry at the =
head of the pack. Over the years
> I've heard in no uncertain terms Jerry never road a hog, but it sure =
was a nice vision and a fitting end to